Wednesday 28 November 2012

If I Had One Super Power, It Would Be...

   If someone tells you that they have never desired superpowers, they're lying through their teeth. At one point or the other,  we've all wished for powers out of the ordinary just so that we can tweak the path of destiny and make something go our way.
  Some wish to change the past in a finger snap. Some wish for super intelligence. Some want the power to shape shift. Or maybe even super speed, enhanced hearing and sight. Some dream of the power of flight. There are people who wish to do more with less time. Some desire super strength, some hope for enviable agility. A few wonder what they could achieve if they were telepathic or telekinetic. And who wouldn't pass up a chance for bone claws or laser vision?
But my ambitions are not so great. I just wish, so very often, for the power to change people's lives. Their love lives, to be more precise.
Now, please don't assume that I'm some weird, optimistic matchmaker who goes about like Sonam Kapoor's Aisha, trying to match up people whose personalities are like chalk and cheese. In fact, I hate this whole concept of "match making" and "setting". Nothing pisses me off more than a guy with no balls calling me and saying "Ae please mera setting karke de na!" DUDE! Grow a pair and TALK to the girl you like! It's not like she's carrying an AK47 in her clutch! Honestly!
But anyway, that's going off topic. This desire is a relatively new one for me. Had anyone asked me a year ago, what superpower I wanted, I'd have said "Communication with animals. I want to be a real Dr. DoLittle". But now, I've seen enough of the world to see what it really needs.
Reality is harsh. Reality is like the Big Bad Wolf, just waiting to gobble you up, disguised as something that you thought was harmless. Crocks of gold at the end of the rainbow and wish granting genies don't exist. And along with all these, the idea of "true love" is nothing more than urban legend these days. Wherever we turn, we see unfaithful people, people dating for the heck of it, people being used and relationships with no emotional investment, which obviously churns out a lot of bitter, cynical people hesitant of trusting or loving someone out of fear of being used.
True love isn't dead you know. I know this myself because I am one of the fortunate few to have hit the "jackpot" of true love on the first try and noone in this world makes me happier than my Allan <3
However, the operative words in the above paragraph were "fortunate few". I feel like the only exception surrounded by the norm. I've seen some of my closest friends entrust their hearts to the wrong guys and get rewarded with nothing more than heartache. And I'm not being sexist here. For I have also seen conniving bitches at work who've broken the trust of guys that worshipped the ground they walked on. The lust, desire, attraction, whatever masquerading as love wears off soon and inevitably, hearts are ripped apart on one or both sides.
Such experiences, so early in life, would obviously make a person hesitant of making another commitment any time soon. But what people don't get is that love, when it's true, is worth that plunge! Love makes the earth stop spinning (not literally, obviously!). It changes your priorities. Just a word from that special someone can change the course of your day. It lies in all the little things. Love makes you smile perpetually. It can change your world.
Well, Vivacious V and Awesome A have summed up the essence of love pretty clearly in their posts so I won't say much more here but what I wanna say is that, having experienced love for myself, I just wish that each and every single individual on this earth should get to experience what I have. Love is just the greatest high ever! And if it were up to me, I'd make it so that EVERYONE found their "THE ONE". And that too, as early in life as possible. Because everyone deserves to fall in love and then STAY in love. Noone deserves the pain of heartbreak. Noone deserves to have their trust shattered. And above all, everyone needs that one soul mate to share their life's journey with.
That's what I wish for, the most fervently. The chance to spare a person the emotional ache and just show them the magic of love on the very first go, just like me.

~Inquisitive I

No comments:

Post a Comment